One thing's for sure: It's exciting to get a new floor, but it's also overwhelming, especially with all the choices available. Have a thorough understanding of your needs, do a little research and speak in detail with the professionals at flooring stores in Las Vegas, NV, so they have a clear understanding of both your style and needs. It's a significant investment, so you want to get it right the first time.
Breaking it all down: hard or soft surface?
Floors are broken down into two categories: The soft surface, such as carpet, and the hard surface, which includes all others. While vinyl is technically a hard surface, it's usually referred to as resilient because of its softer, more flexible feeling underfoot. While they are all excellent choices, it comes down to your personal preferences, each item's characteristics, and how well they respond to your needs. This is something you should discuss in detail with your flooring company.
A thumbnail description of each:
1. Carpet is known for its many colors, styles, and constructions. With technology, it constantly evolves with updated color palettes, digital patterning, and more sustainable, hypoallergenic, and pet-friendly versions.
2. Tile is sophisticated, durable, long-lasting, and easy to clean. Porcelain, a type of ceramic, is ideal for heavily trafficked floors. Ceramic tiles include the 4 X 4 squares, mosaics, terracottas, and subway tiles. There are also non-ceramic tiles such as glass, concrete, and natural stone.
3. Hardwood is elegant, versatile, and long-lasting, coming in two versions: solid and engineered wood flooring.
4. Laminate is mainly associated with wood looks. But, thanks to a different version, it can be spill-proof installed in any room in the house.
5. Sheet, luxury, or waterproof vinyl floors. All are waterproof, durable, low maintenance, easy to install, stylish, and affordable. Luxury vinyl, a more advanced version of sheet vinyl, is five times thicker and has true-to-life images of wood, stone, and tile. In addition, the material can be cut into planks to mimic hardwood boards or groutable squares for stone and tile echoes. Waterproof (vinyl) floors are a newer version of luxury vinyl, thicker still and offering the highest level of moisture protection.
For information about finding the best flooring, visit the Affordable Flooring & More showroom in Las Vegas or Las Vegas (Centennial Hills), NV, convenient to Las Vegas, Spring Valley, Paradise, Henderson, and North Las Vegas. Be sure to get your free flooring quote!